Suddenly, the debate tonight is boring me. Instead, I figured that I would write on my blog. Busy week’s ahead as the holidays fast approach us. Trying to figure out what the grandkids and other little ones will be dressing up when they come to my house on Halloween. Oh how I wish I could turn back time and be a kid again. It was so much fun. Now we just get to play like we are adults instead. I did that when I was little, but didn’t know that now I would be living like some of those pretend moments created when we were young. The holidays for me bring so much joy and sense of happiness. I love spending time with people on a personal note and the holidays sure bring that. I look forward in the next few months working on some handmade gifts for people. I am currently in the planning phases. My husband’s aunt sent me some packages of holiday decorations this week. It was like Christmas in October. She has no idea how much I enjoyed opening her packages. I just love her and enjoy spending time with her when I go to visit. Wish my husband’s family lived closer, but I still act like they are near by. However, I just need to visit them more in the next year.
Well it has been a long weekend and I am ready to hit the hay. Before I leave, enjoy my recipe below.
Italian Sausage Bites
Cook and prep time: 30-35 minutes
1-2 packages of Mild Italian Sausages
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 small to medium onion (depending on how well you like them)
1) Cut the casing off each of the Italian Sausages.
2) Slice each Italian Sausage into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces.
3) Place cut pieces into a skillet, cut side down. Cook at MED to MED LOW heat.
4) Sprinkle each piece with Italian Seasoning.
5) Slice Green Pepper, Red Pepper, and onion into long slices and place on a plate.
6) Cook until each piece is half way cook. Turn each piece over.
7) Sprinkle each piece again with Italian Seasoning.
8) Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
9) Add vegetables to the top of the Italian Sausage bites in the skillet.
10) Cook another 3-5 minutes.
12) Stir up the mixture and cook until vegetables are done to your likeness (I cook for about 3-5 minutes turning occasionally).
Serving with another side vegetable such as fried potatoes, peas, corn, rice, or spaghetti.
It will be a hit.